Park City, Utah: Recreation
Life is too short to spend all day inside desparately trying to make a buck. For those who are smart enough not to try and make a living by creating free directories, Park City has a wide variety of ways to have fun.
- mountain vista touring (www.parkcityhiking.com) - review
Mountain Vista offers guided hiking, biking and snowshoeing adventures in Park City.
- Cloud 9 Living (*)
Cloud 9 Living offers experience gifts. The line up includes balloon rides, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, sky diving, golf lessons an other fun excursions by local outfitters. A Cloud 9 Gift certificate is a great introduction 2 the Park City Life
- Utah Outdoor Magazine (www.backcountry-magazine.com)
Brian Brinkerhoff and the Utah Outdoor Radio Magazine. Listen Saturday Mornings 8 to 9 AM on KTKK (630 AM).
- BLM Utah Home Page (www.blm.gov) - review
The Utah BLM page has a great deal of information on managing Utah's public lands. Includes photos, briefs and and links to information about different areas in the state.
- Basin Recreation (www.basinrecreation.com) - review
The Snyderville Basin Recreation district provides park facilities and trails for the Park City Area. The site has maps of trails and info on using the local parks.
- National Ability Center (discovernac.org) - review
The National Ability Center helps people with disabilities discover other abilities.
- Balloon The Rockies (www.aeronaut.com) - review
Aeronaut.com is the virtual home of Balloon the Rockies Hot Air Balloon Training Facility.
- Park City Ice Arena (www.parkcityice.org)
The Park City Ice Arena offers skating facilities for hockey, figure skating, curling and winter activities.
- Thousand Peaks (www.thousandpeaks.com)
Thousand Peaks offers snowmobiling adventures and shuttle service in the Park City Area.
- Simply Fishing Utah (www.simplyfishingutah.com) - review
Site offers guiding for the following waters: Provo River, Weber River, Strawberry River and various remote streams.
- Utah Rock Climbing (utahrockclimbing.com)
Animated Rock Climbs.
- UtahOutdoors.com (www.UtahOutdoors.com)
The site has back issues of the Utah Outdoors Magazine.
- Jordanelle State Park (stateparks.utah.gov)
Official site for the Jordanell Reservoir.
- Wasatch Front 100 (wasatch100.com)
The Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run is held in Utah the first weekend after Labor Day each year. The run stretches from Layton, Utah to The Homestead in Midway
- Park City Balloon Adventures (www.pcballoonadventures.com) - review
The web site has pictures of balloons, pilot bios and rates.
- Mountain Trails Foundation (www.mountaintrails.org) - review
The Mountain Trails Foundation is Park City group that advocates trails for non-motorized use. The group sponsors trail runs, prints maps, and organizes volunteers.
- Wasatch-Cache National Forest (www.fs.fed.us)
The Wasatch Cache National forest by the USDA Forest Service includes pages on fire prevention, weed free hay, camping, recreation and volunteer activities for the Wasatch Mountains.
- The United States Luge Association (www.usaluge.org) - review
Information on the USA Luge Team, the Park City Fantasy Camp and the sport of Luging.
- Great Western Trail (gwt.org)
The Great Western Trail is a series of multi use trails running from Mexico thru Canada. The site has information on the trails, events and activities to support the trail.
- Birding in Summit County, Utah (www.utahbirds.org) - review
UtahBirds.org by the Utah Onthological society has information on birding activities in Summit County and throughout the state.
- Beyond Limits (byndlimits.com) - review
An adventure travel firm based in Park City. Beyond Limits plans trips around the globe.
- Mountain Dell Canyon Golf Course (www.slcgov.com)
Public Golf Course in lower Parley's Canyon.
- Activity Reg. - Basin Recreation Field House (www.activityreg.com)
Register for events at the Basin Recreation Field House.
- Norwegian Outdoor Exploration Center (www.outdoorcenter.org) - review
This is a not for profit organization with team building, leisure and summer youth programs.
- Utah Athletic Foundation (www.utahathleticfoundation.com) - review
Site includes information on bob sledding, skiing, skating, camps, indoor soccer and events at the Utah Olympic Parks.
- Black Diamond Gymnastics (www.blackdiamondgym.com) - review
Black Diamond Gymnastics is where truly balanced athletes begin.
- All Seasons Adventures (www.allseasonsadventures.com) - review
Adventures include dog sledding, fly fishing, snow shoeing, hot air balloons and sleigh rides.
- Gorgoza Park (www.gorgoza.com) - review
Gorgoza Park offers lighted lift-served tubing and mini snowmobiles.
- Park City Extreme Soccer (www.parkcitysoccer.org) - review
We are here to inspire young athletes to develop competitive level soccer skills by providing the opportunity to learn from professional trainers and licensed coaches.
- PCRIDE (www.pcride.com)
PCRide is a webzine by Park City Mountain Resort. The site includes information on activities at the resort along with bios of the PC All Star Team.
- Wasatch Luge Club Home (www.wasatchluge.org) - review
A United States Luge Association sanctioned club in Park City.
- Utah Wakeboarding (utahwakeboarding.com)
Utah's portal for wakeboarding and wakeskating
- Rocky Mountain Recreation, Inc. (www.rockymtnrec.com) - review
Rocky Mountain Recreation specializes in outdoor recreation activities in spectacular settings. In the summer months we provide horseback riding, camping, hunting and fishing. In the winter we specialize in snowmobile adventures and horse drawn sleigh r
- Dinosaur Expeditions (www.dinoadv.com) - review
Park City outfitter offers rafting the Green in Dinosaur National Monument, mountain biking and other adventures.
- Park City Excursions (www.parkcityexcursions.com) - review
Outfitter for Fly Fishing Bass Fishing and Snowmobiling.
- Wind In Your Hair Riding (www.windinyourhair.com) - review
Ride the free range, The Wind in Your Hair Stables are outside Wanship, Utah (East of Park City)
- Park City Ice Arena (www.parkcity.org)
This page includes information on the Park City Ice Arena.
- Historic Union Pacific Rail Trail State Park (stateparks.utah.gov) - review
The Union Pacific Rail Trail is a 28 mile trail that runs from Park City to Coalville.
- Snowed Inn Sleigh Company (www.snowedinnsleigh.com) - review
Take an old fashioned horse-drawn sleigh ride.
- Park City Rafting (www.parkcityrafting.com) - review
Park City Rafting organizes whitewater rafting trips on the Weber River.
- Park City Outfitters (www.parkcityoutfitters.com) - review
Park City Outfitters, by Bill and Brandon Bertagnole, organizes hunting trips and flyfishing expeditions along the Provo and Green Rivers.
- Utah Fly Fishing (www.utahproflyfishing.com) - review
A professional fly fishing service offering fly fishing trips in Park City Utah!
- Adventure Fitness Consultants (outdoorparkcity.com)
Adventure Fitness Consultants can help you plan a fitness vacation to Park City. Site has information on sailing, mountain biking and hiking in the Wasatch.
- Search and Rescue (www.summitcountysar.com)
Information on the Summit County Search and Rescue team.
- Exclusive Excursions (www.parkcityactivities.info)
Exclusive Excursions is an outdoor adventure company serving Park City. The
- Crossfit Park City (crossfitpc.com)
CrossFit PC offers fitness training.
- Park City Fencing Academy (www.parkcityfencing.com) - review
En Garde! Park City Fencing Academy promotes sports fencing in the Wasatch. Touché!
Category Hits 12042
*I have affiliate arrangements with sites marked with asterisks.